If you haven’t, you really should. She’s cute, helpful, and has a ton of free e-content, and looks a bit like the Wendy’s ™ logo. Don’t you think?
Libby, Overdrive’s free app, is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser at libbyapp.com. You can use it at home or on the go—catch up on your reading list by listening to audiobooks in the car, on a walk or doing the dishes!
Libby allows you to:
- Automatically check out and download holds when they come available (this feature can also be turned off)
- Sample materials before you check them out
- Manage multiple library cards from one account (bonus for families)
- Avoid late fees
- Access digital materials from other library networks in the state
If you’ve already been using Libby, you will be happy to know about these recent updates:
- Earn good library karma by returning your item early, allowing other readers to access it, using the reminders that pop up on your shelf.
- A reading progress bar and exact due dates have been added. A simple tap on the due date for each book brings up options to return early, renew, or go to the details page.
- Library “gems” that indicate which library, and how many libraries, an item belongs to.
- Support for borrowing and placing holds on the same title at multiple libraries.
- A whole new Shelf Summary view, displaying the most important information from your Loans and Hold shelves, such as a quick summary of your current read, titles available to renew, recent returns, and more.